Setting up Companies and Contacts allows you to identify any companies you work with for the jobs you are bidding on: architects, owners, contractors, suppliers, and vendors. When adding these companies, you can choose what type of company they are. It also ensures a nice professional report when sending any correspondence (Bid Proposal, RFI’s, Transmittals, Change Orders, and Documents).
- On the Sidebar Menu, click the Companies/Contacts button.
- On the Toolbar, click at the top of the window.
- Enter an ID and the company’s full name. Click OK.
- Click the Company Type button.
Place a checkmark in the appropriate type. (You can check more than one type. If you are choosing Material Vendor as the Type DO NOT over right Target, use Vendor 3, or the next available vendor slot). Click OK.
5. Click the Contacts tab.
6. Click the Add button next to the Contacts cell to add in the people you deal with at that company.