To meet the growing popularity of Trade Service’s Target pricing, IntelliBid database supports Target pricing. You can keep this pricing up- to-date when you subscribe to Trade Service using their TRA-SER software.
You must have a Trade Service account to use the following steps. If you do not have a Trade Service account, http://www.tradeservice.com/contact_us/index.html and contact Trade Service sales about setting up an account.
To set up Tra-Ser to work with your Trade Service account:
- Open Intellibid and Click on Maintenance>Items.
- Click the Tra-Ser drop-down selector at the bottom and choose “Tra-Ser SX Setup” or the service you have.
- Click on the Vendor button to open Vendor Maintenance.
Note: If you choose Tra-Ser SX Setup it will prompt for several items, the only ones you need are your login (User Name), password and Zip Code.
Once setup is complete, to update Trade 3/Col prices:
- Open Intellibid and click on Maintenance>items
- Click the Tra-Ser dropdown at the bottom and choose “Price Update”
- It will give you two options:
- Regular Update (updates prices that have changed since the last price update)
- Update All Prices (updates all prices regardless of when the last update was.
- Click ok. This process can take a few minutes so don’t be alarmed if it appears to have stalled.
Once setup is complete, to update Target Pricing:
- Open Intellibid and click on Maintenance>Items
- Click on “Vendor” and click the “Target” vendor row
- Under the “Import” Section on the right, select “From Target Import File”
- Click “Import to Vendor Selected in Grid.”
NOTE: If you wish to omit certain items from being updated, you can expand the ‘Item Header’ under ‘Maintenance’ and then ‘Items’ and scroll over to the right and uncheck the ‘Update Vendor’ check box.