IntelliBid lets you display your company logo on all printed reports. The logo is stored in a file called ReportLogo.bmp which resides on your hard drive. When you first install the program, this bitmap contains the IntelliBid logo. You can replace the IntelliBid logo with your own as long as the bitmap you create conforms to the required dimensions. Here’s how to create your logo as a bitmap image:
The first thing we need to do is to capture your logo in a digital format to create a bitmap image. If you have one created already, that’s great! One way to accomplish this is to scan your logo using your company letterhead or any other type of company document. Save the image to your hard drive as a bitmap. (.bmp)
Another way to capture your logo is off your website. Simply right-click on the logo image and select Copy or
Copy Image to the computer’s memory called the Clipboard. The copied image will stay in your computer clipboard until you are ready to use the file.
Next, we want to open the image in Microsoft Paint or another Paint program that you like. (We will use MS Paint for this example. Other Paint programs may be a bit different in relation to the instructions listed below.)
In Microsoft Paint, go to: Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint
- If you scanned your logo from company letterhead, select File -> Open and open the file you created with your scanning software.
- If you copied the logo from your website, select Edit > Paste. Click anywhere to make the dotted outline go away.
- If you already have the logo saved somewhere select File -> Open and navigate to where you have the logo stored.
Now that we have our image in Microsoft Paint. The next thing we need to do is make sure that the only thing in the image is your logo. If you scanned your logo from your company letterhead, chances are that there is a lot of white space or other visible items in your image. Let’s get rid of anything that isn’t part of your logo:
- On the toolbar, select the Rectangular Selection tool (it looks like a dotted rectangle).
- Draw a rectangle around the logo, leaving as little space around the logo as possible.
- Select Edit -> Copy.
- Select File -> New. Click No when asked to save the file.
- Select Edit -> Paste. You should now have only the logo
- If there is any additional white space to the right or below your logo, drag the handle in the lower right corner of the image (it looks like a little blue square dot) so that you have as little space around the logo as possible.
Now we have just the logo that is ready to be resized. The bitmap logo needs to be 316 pixels wide by 165 pixels tall. Anything larger will crop the image from the Reports and will not look professional.
- Select Image –> Attributes. Make a note of the Height of the image listed in the box. For this example, we’ll assume the image is 600 pixels tall.
- Divide the 165 by the height of your image (600), and round down to the nearest percent.
In our example, 165/600= .275, or 27.5%. We’ll round that down to 27% – this tells us we need to reduce the image to 27% of its current size. Of course don’t use 27%, use whatever number you came up with.
- Select Image -> Stretch/Skew. Enter your percentage in the top two boxes. You MUST enter the same number in both boxes. DO NOT enter any values in the lower two boxes.
- Click OK.
- Select Image -> Attributes. Enter a width of 316 and a height of 165.
Your image is Complete!
let’s save your logo to the
- Click File -> Save As
- Navigate to C:\Repository\Reports\
- In the File Name box, type: ReportLogo
- Make sure “Save as Type” indicates “24-bit bitmap“.
- Click Save
- There will be a prompt telling you that a file with the same name already exists and Do You Want to Replace It? Click YES to overwrite the file and close Paint.
That’s it! Simply close IntelliBid. The next time you run an IntelliBid report you should see your company logo displayed.