Estimators are only human, and if there’s one thing that’s common to all of us, it’s that we all make mistakes. Most of the time a simple mistake is perfectly forgivable; but when there’s a million-dollar job on the line an hour before bid time, forgiveness gives way to panic. We’re going to talk about what you should do the moment you realize you’ve just made that million-dollar mistake!
Scenario: You’re working in Takeoff, and you need to delete a Fixture Assembly. So you highlight all the material, right-click and select Delete. IntelliBid asks if you want to delete the material, you click “Yes,” and then you realize that you just deleted the wrong Fixture. And you’re not even sure what Fixture it was!
Don’t panic! IntelliBid stores a copy of every item you delete. Try this:
- On the Toolbar, click the Show Deleted Items icon. (You can also use the drop down arrow to select Current User or All Users).
- A screen appears showing all the material that has been deleted from your current Phase.
- Highlight that material or the entire Assembly you wish to undelete.
- On the Toolbar, click the Undelete Selected Items .
- The fixture items have now been place back into the takeoff audit trail.
Warning: IntelliBid does not allow you to restore a phase. Once a phase is deleted, it’s gone. Because a phase cannot be restored, when you attempt to delete a phase, there is always a warning message for you to confirm the deletion.