On any given day we can look around and see people communicating with one another via cell phones, texting, emails, Tweeting, Facebooking and occasionally a face to face conversation. Communicating is how we interact with one another in business, friendly conversation, or sales presentation to a prospect. With IntelliBid v7 we now have the capability of communicating with individuals and organizations that we do business with on a day-to-day basis. The heart of the communication center in IntelliBid v7 is called theJournal Messaging Center. This is where we can send Transmittals, Memos, Import Emails from Microsoft Outlook, send Bid Proposals, and more.
The Journal Messaging Center can be found in the Job Registration section under the Journal / Messaging tab.
This tab contains messages sent from the Journal Message tab in IntelliBid v7, BidTrac v3, JobTrac v4 and from the JobTrac Submittals and Change Order screens. Messages can be emailed, emailed as a .pdf file or printed. You can attach documents to your emailed messages and zip the file if you wish to encapsulate it. The grid also records how the message was sent and whether it was successful or not.
You can also view sent messages, resend a message or forward them to another contact by either right clicking or double clicking on the message line. If you use Microsoft Outlook, you can retrieve email messages and attach them to messages already sent, such as replies to your email.
Note: Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010 is required for interacting with theJournal Messaging Center.
There are several message types in the Journal Messaging Center; some are sent from Journal Messaging and some likeChange Order Proposals and Bid Proposals are submitted from Bid Recap. The messages that are available with IntelliBid v7 are preformatted templates that you may use as is or you may customize the templates to suit your business needs.
Note: to customize the Journal Messaging templates you will need to access the Maintenance -> Communication section.
To send a message, use the buttons at the bottom of the Journal Messaging tab. (see yellow square above)
- Transmittals can be sent from the Journal Message tab.
- RFI (Request for Information) is a form with sections for requests, suggestions, projected project schedule and cost effects.
- Phone Memo is a free-form text message that can be used as confirmation of phone conversations or other informal purposes.
- Documents puts copies of documents from your computer into the job folder for reference.
- Memo Doc is another free-form text message that can be used for any message purpose.
- Import Email is the capability to import email messages received in your Outlook account.(version 2007 or greater)
- Change Order proposals are sent from Bid Recap and is included in this grid.
- Bid Proposals created in BidRecap are also recorded here.
Note: the icons within the red square (see above) are symbolic and are intended to help identify the type of messages that are located in the grid.
You can also filter the messages with the Show Journal Entries drop-down menu located at the top left corner of the Message Center. All Journal Messages that are generated will have a copy placed in the Journal Message Center, in the Job itself and inCompanies / Contacts section with the company or individual it was sent to.