Navigating within IntelliBid is accomplished with a selection of menus and sub menus found on the navigation bar on the left side of the program, as shown in Figure 1.
The Tabbed View feature allows different functions to be opened in separate tabs simultaneously, and toggled back between each other for greater efficiency and convenience when working on an estimate and/or performing maintenance functions within IntelliBid.
There are 4 main areas to the Tabbed View. See Figure 2 and 3.
1. The open tabs that are displayed along the top of the screen.
2. A pull down that lists all the open tabs.
3. A button to delete the active tab.
4. The option to unselect the Tabbed View that will cascade all open tabs.
Each time you log into IntelliBid and select a function from the navigation bar the program opens it in a separate tab at the top of the screen.
As a rule you can have an unlimited number of takeoff tabs open allowing you to work on any of these open jobs. All other menu functions like Summary, Bid Recap and sub-menu functions like Count Sheets, Item Maintenance, and Item Libraries will open only once for the selected job and for only one person at a time in a network environment.
It is important to note that if you open too many tabs they cannot all be displayed along the top of the screen.
- In figure 3, item 2 can be selected to display all open tabs in which you can select a tab that might not be displayed at the top of the screen. Each open tab has an ‘X’ at the right of the tab to close it when not being used.
- In figure 3 item 3, you can also use this delete button to close active windows down as well.
The tabbed view is a very convenient way of working on an estimate from takeoff, summary and bid recap. IntelliBid remembers where you left off in each tab and takes you back to that exact place when you return to the tab. This is also very effective when working on building custom assemblies in the database. You can toggle back and forth from the exact assembly in Item library Maintenance to takeoff to test and tweak your assemblies.
About Our Tips
You’ve invested in software that is feature rich, and we want to help you get the most out of it! These tips are for new and existing users to learn about the latest enhancements, methods, and shortcuts that will help you save time and increase workflow efficiency.
Send us your tip ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll share them with the ConEst community.