Hardware & OS Requirements for Conest Software Products
These specifications are presented as general guidelines for the specified database management systems that are qualified for the operating systems and database components when installing Conest software products.
Hardware and software installations and version updates for all listed components may require careful planning. If you have any questions or plan on having more than 10 users sharing a single database, please contact your IT professional or call Conest technical support at 603-437-9353 ext. 2 or email email@example.com
SERVER SPECIFICATIONS (Client/Server Configuration)
- Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Server 2014, 2016, and 2019
- 32 or 64 bit supported for all Microsoft operating systems with latest MS service pack/security updates Processor
- Intel or AMD Quad Core or better
- 3 GHz or faster
- 16 GB or higher
Free Hard Disk Space
- 100 GB (minimum) for installation and an additional 5mb of storage space for each job
NOTE: Additional drive space recommended to store job files created in SureCount, IntelliBid and JobTrac.
Software Applications & Server Platforms
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014, 2016, and 2019 — 32 and 64 bit versions of Enterprise, Standard or Express Editions supported,Microsoft SQL Server 2014 to 2019
- Conest products install files include Microsoft SQL 2014 Express Edition with the latest service pack/security
- Conest recommends a dedicated database server for installing and running Microsoft SQL If the server will be running additional applications, the recommended specifications should be increased accordingly.
WORKSTATION SPECIFICATIONS (Client/Server & Standalone Configurations)
- Microsoft Windows 10
- 32 and 64 bit recommended for all operating systems with latest MS service pack/security updates
- Intel or AMD Dual Core, or compatible, 2 GHz (minimum)
- 3 GHz quad core or higher (recommended)
- 8 GB or higher
Free Hard Disk Space
- If both database and client will be installed on a single computer – Allow 100 GB (minimum) for the installation and an additional 5mb of storage space for each job created
- If the client will be installed on a single computer and the database will reside on a server, allow 100 GB (minimum) or more for the
NOTE: Additional drive space is recommended to store job files created in SureCount, IntelliBid and JobTrac
For installations when Microsoft SQL Server databases are client-hosted (the workstation has both the client and database installed)
Software Applications & Components
- Microsoft Windows 10, SQL Server 2014 — 32 and 64 bit versions of Enterprise, Standard or Express Editions
NOTE: ConEst programs include Microsoft SQL 2014 Express Edition with latest MS service pack/security updates
- Screen resolution 1366×768 widescreen; 1280×1024 standard or higher (recommended)
Virtual Environments including Conest Cloud
Conest Cloud supports high speed internet connections (100Mpbs down/up). Satellite and DSL connections will not be supported.
Conest software products are supported on most virtual environments — Windows Terminal Services (RDS), Citrix®, VPNs* — as long as they can run on supported platforms.
* Connecting IntelliBid to SQL over VPN is not recommended because of slow speed and high latency. This usually results in connection failures or timeout errors. However connecting to a remote PC that has IntelliBid installed using a remote desktop over a VPN does work.
Mac OS is not supported with Conest software products unless supported Windows operating systems are installed on the Mac using virtualization software such as VMware Fusion, Parallels, etc.
Hardware and software specifications listed in this document are for the use of SQL Server with the Conest Software versions that were available at the time of publication. As newer system versions are introduced, Conest reserves the right to update and modify these recommendations.